In the marketing world, video marketing is a hot topic. In fact, in 2021, it is expected that 82% of all internet traffic will be made up of video. Video marketing is, simply put, the future of digital marketing. The numbers don’t lie. It’s time to start taking your video marketing seriously if you haven’t already.
Some of the stats below show the effectiveness of video marketing for business growth. Others show why consumers prefer watching videos over reading articles. Either way, these numbers prove how consumers are increasingly turning towards video content as a means of doing research and staying informed about brands.
General Trends and Statistics in Video Marketing
- In 2017, 80% of marketers were using video. By 2021 an estimated 86% will be doing so.
- More than 100 million people watch YouTube TV on their TVs every month in the U.S.
- 85% of users who view product videos believe their decision-making process is influenced after watching a product video.
- Only 14% of businesses use YouTube as part of their marketing strategy, but those that do report revenues 49% greater than non-adopters on average.
- In the past year, there has been an 800% increase in watch time globally of ad-supported, sponsored, and branded feature-length movies in the past year.
- More than 2 billion people are active monthly users on Youtube.
- Mobile video consumption is increasing by 100% every year.
- 54% of consumers would like marketers to produce more video content.
- Videos on landing pages receive 150% more views than any other content or format.
- Over 70% of watch time on YouTube is on mobile devices.
- Video is expected to make up 82% of the total internet traffic by 2021.
Social Media Video Marketing Statistics
- Video is a great way to get organic traffic from social media platforms. Facebook users spend over 100 million hours every day watching videos on the platform.
- As many as 62% of viewers said they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook Story.
- On Snapchat, users are watching more than 10 billion videos a day.
- On Twitter, more than 2 billion videos are viewed per day.
- 90% of video views on Twitter are experienced on a mobile device.
- Social media video generates 1200% more shares than text and image posts together.
- 46% of consumers are watching more video ads on social media than on TV.
- On LinkedIn, video content is shared 20 times more often than other content formats.
- 49% of consumers have watched at least one video on Instagram TV.
- 70% of millennials prefer to use portrait view when watching videos on mobile.
- 81% of businesses choose Facebook for their video marketing.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without the sound on.
- The optimal length for LinkedIn videos is 30-90 seconds.
- Video promotions are now as popular as photo promotions on Facebook.
- Using native videos on Facebook gives 10 times better reach than publishing YouTube links in the feed.
Video Marketing Statistics for Sales and Marketing
- Attention spans keep growing shorter, leaving marketers with a mere 2.7 seconds to capture the attention of their audiences.
- 35% of businesses are using analytics tools to measure the performance of their videos.
- Explainer videos, product demo videos, how-to videos, and testimonials are the four most popular video types in video marketing businesses produce.
- 95% of marketers state that video marketing has helped their buyers understand their products and services better.
- Videos that are below two minutes generate the most engagement.
- Using video on a landing page can boost conversions by more than 80%.
- 80% of marketers confirm that video marketing has helped them increase sales.
- Two-thirds of teenagers in the U.S. watch online videos every day.
- 57% of marketers use live video as part of their video marketing strategy.
- Video can bring an increase of 157% in organic traffic from SERPs.
- The average conversion rate for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to only 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
- Social media video ads are among the most common ways for consumers to find new brands and products.
- 80% of marketers are optimistic about the Return on Investment of video ads on social media.
- Millennials are more likely to watch shows on Netflix or YouTube than on television networks.
Numbers Don’t Lie – But What Are They Saying?
People are consuming more video content than ever
This is the era of video marketing. The numbers show clearly that this acceleration of video consumption will only continue, and for brands, it’s way past the question of “if,” but only a question of “how.” Regardless of what platform your target audience prefers, you can be sure that the type of content they prefer is video.
Consumers expect videos to help them find and buy new products
Video is the type of marketing that is most appreciated by the largest percentage of consumers. Whether in B2C or B2B, buyers today have come to expect brands to provide helpful video content for every stage of their buying journey. This means from the research and discovery all the way through conversion and to customers support.
Video Marketing Yields The Highest ROI of all content types
Marketers all over the world seem to agree: no other content format holds the same power to tell stories, connect emotionally with the viewer, and explain even the most complex products in an accessible way.
GoDaddy’s youtube channel is an excellent example of what brands can achieve when they understand the power of video. Harnessing that power and using it to connect with your audience is the best marketing investment you can make right now.
Covalent is a video marketing production company specializing in authentic and engaging videos. Whether you’re looking for B2B videos, B2C videos, animated videos, or any other style of corporate videos, we’re happy to he