As the internet becomes more and more saturated with content, businesses are looking for new and innovative ways to capture the attention of potential customers.
Studies have shown that people are far more likely to watch a video than to read an article or view a static image. As a result, businesses that use video lead generation are able to reach a larger audience and generate more leads.
The benefits of video lead generation:
Video lead generation is one of the most powerful tools in a marketer’s toolkit. When used properly, video can help you generate more leads, convert more prospects into customers, and boost your ROI. Here are just a few benefits of using video for lead generation:
- Videos are highly shareable. If someone watching your video enjoys it, they’re likely to share it with their friends and followers, exposing your brand to a whole new audience.
- Videos are easy to consume. In today’s busy world, people don’t have time to read long-form content. Videos are the perfect solution because they can convey a lot of information in a short amount of time.
- Videos are attention-grabbing. With so much content competing for people’s attention online, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. But with video, you can grab people’s attention and hold it from beginning to end.
- Videos build trust and credibility. When people watch a video, they get to know the person behind the brand, which makes them more likely to trust and do business with you.
- Video is versatile. You can use video for a variety of purposes, such as creating product demonstrations, customer testimonials, webinars, and more.
If you’re not using video for lead generation yet, now is the time to start!
Related Content: The Ultimate Guide for B2B Video Production
How to create videos that generate leads:
When it comes to generating leads, video is a powerful tool. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a million. But just because you can create a video doesn’t mean it will generate leads. There’s a lot more to it than that. Here are a few tips to create videos that generate leads:
- Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to watch a long, drawn-out video. According to Wistia, the ideal length for a lead generation video is two minutes or less.
- Make sure it’s informative. Your video should educate viewers about your product or service. It should also be entertaining and engaging.
- Use calls to action. A call to action is essential in any lead generation effort, and your video should be no different. Include a call to action at the beginning, middle, and end of your video.
- Optimize your videos for SEO. Just like your website, your videos should be optimized for search engines. This means using keywords in your titles and descriptions, as well as tagging your videos with relevant keywords.
- Track your results. Once you’ve implemented all of these tips, it’s time to track your results. How many views did your video get? How many leads did it generate? How much did each lead cost? Analyzing your results will help you fine-tune your strategy and produce even better results next time around.
Related Content: B2B Youtube Marketing: A Complete Guide
Optimizing your videos for lead generation:
For those that already have a bunch of video assets, optimizing your current videos for lead generation can be a great way to increase your ROI. When done right, it can capture attention, build rapport, and drive conversions. So how do you optimize your videos? Here are a few tips:
- Ditto the above – keep it short and sweet. The attention span of the average internet user is getting shorter by the day, so it’s important to make your videos as concise as possible. Unless you’re producing a feature-length film, aim for under two minutes.
- Make sure it’s properly branded. Your video should include your company logo and any other relevant branding elements (such as your website URL). This will help ensure that your video is associated with your business in the viewer’s mind.
- Consider distributing your video across multiple channels, such as social media, email marketing, and paid advertising. By making your video available in multiple places, you’ll be more likely to reach a wider audience and generate more leads.
- Use an engaging thumbnail image. The thumbnail image is the first thing people will see when they come across your video, so make sure it’s something that will pique their curiosity and make them want to click play.
- Optimize your title and descriptions. Just like with any other piece of content, your video title and description are critical for SEO purposes. Make sure to include relevant keywords so that people can easily find your video when they’re searching online.
- Finally, remember that quality is key. A well-produced video that is informative and engaging is more likely to generate leads than a low-quality or boring video.
Following these tips to maximize their impact on your business.
Examples of effective video lead gen strategies
Any of these video lead gen examples can be highly effective in reaching your target audience and generating new leads. While this isn’t the full artillery of tactics, they’re some of the favorites. Choose the one that best aligns with your brand and start producing:
- The Product Teaser: A short video that showcases your product or service in an exciting and engaging way. (Example Link)
- The Customer Story: A video that tells the story of how your product or service has helped a customer achieve their goals. (Example Link)
- The Expert Interview: A video where you interview an expert in your industry who shares their insights on a relevant topic. (Example Link)
How to measure the success of your video lead gen campaigns
There are a number of ways to measure the success of your video lead gen campaigns, but some of the most important metrics include:
- Viewership: How many people have watched your video? This is a good indicator of how well your video is performing and whether or not it is reaching your target audience.
- Engagement: How many people have interacted with your video? This metric can be measured by things like likes, comments, and shares. It gives you an idea of how engaged viewers are with your content.
- Lead conversion rate: How many people who watched your video went on to take a desired action? This could be things like subscribing to your email list or downloading a white paper. This metric will give you an idea of how effective your video is at generating leads.
By tracking these metrics, you will be able to get a better understanding of how successful your video lead gen campaigns are and make necessary adjustments to improve results.
Video lead generation is an incredibly powerful way to generate leads, and when done correctly, can be a huge asset to your business. By following the tips in this post, you should be well on your way to creating videos that generate leads and help grow your business. And if you need a little extra help, we’re always here. Just give us a call or shoot us an email, and we’ll be happy to chat with you about your video needs.